Meopta - optika Historical milestones

1933

1933

Dipl.Ing. Alois Benes established company Optikotechna in Prerov. Dr. Mazurek constructed the first Czechoslovak enlarging lens.

1934—37

1934 - 37

Optikotechna focused on darkroom equipment (mainly enlargers and lenses).

1937

1937

Optikotechna built new facilities for production in suburb of Prerov.

1939 - 1945

1939 - 1945

Optikotechna was forced to supply military optical equipment for German army (rangefinders, periscopes, binoculars, riflescopes).

1946

1946

After WW2 Optikotechna was nationalized and renamed to Meopta national enterprise.

1947 - 1970

1947 - 1970

Meopta became one of the biggest enlarger manufacturers worldwide and the only cinema projector manufacturer in Central/East Europe.

1953

1953

The Institute for Research and Development of Optics and Precision Mechanics was established in Prerov.

1958

1958

Meopta is awarded at the Brussels Expo for its cameras Mikroma and Flexaret. Motion picture projector Meopton 4 received a Grand Prix gold medal.

1967

1967

Meopta demonstrates its modern projection techniques at the Montreal Expo and receives global acclaim.

1971

1971

Significant increase in military production for Warsaw Pact armies.

1988

1988

Meopta returned to riflescope production as military production decreased.

1990

1990

Meopta military programme decreased to 0%, Meopta became separate subsidiary join stock companies.

1992

1992

Meopta is fully privatised and remains the only optical enterprise in Czech Republic. Became a supplier of major optical companies wolrdwide.

2003

2003

Meopta companies merged to one law, organization and business subject again.

2006

2006

Amendment in legal form of the company Meopta - optika, a.s. to Meopta - optika, s.r.o. Foundation stone of GAMBRO is revealed.

2010

2010

The company invested significantly into its development. Research and development center was reconstructed with main goal to create world class hi-tech centre.